These have been one of the most popular recipes using Steph's Best Original to date! They're Vegan, Nut-free and gluten free indulgences you won't be able to get enough of. Plant-based and refined sugar free? WHAT! Yes, you can enjoy these daily! Decadent treats that make you question whether they're healthy. Don't worry...they are!
Ingredients and recipe are below! Please tag us if you create these. If you do we will send you a Discount code for $$ Off your next purchase !!!!
- 1 1/4 cup (120g) almond flour or ground seed blend if nut-free
- 1/2 cup (50g) coconut flour or oat flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave/honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
Steph’s Best Sunflower ‘Caramel’ layer-
- 1 cup (250g) Steph’s Best Decadent Sunflower Butter Original
- 1/3 cup (60g) melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (60g) maple syrup or agave/honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 oz (200g) dark chocolate (bar chopped or chips)
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients in your cookie base together until crumbly mixture is formed. Gently create round cookie on your baking sheet and press them down gently to keep their form as they bake. Bake for 10 min or until golden brown. Allow to cool (super important for them to hold their shape.) Pro tip ** You do not need to make them shapes in the form of a cookie- you also can easily press mixture into an 8x8 parchment lined pan for greater ease.
- Place the caramel ingredients into a bowl and mix together well. If needed, you can microwave for 30-60 seconds. The coconut oil should be melted before combining helping to bind it all together. Once cookies are cool, spoon a few tablespoons over each cookie and place immediately in freezer to harden (at least 30min-1hour)
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil together in microwave. once your cookies and caramel have properly cooled, remove from freezer and dunk each one in the chocolate mixture-placing back in freezer to harden. I like to give them two dunks through for a thicker coating!
- Store in fridge or freezer and enjoy!